For further information please contact us via email: email@example.com
1) Frankfurt Airport (FRA, 80 km, nearest airport)
- TLS Airport Shuttle Service
- Fees: EUR 38 per person (one way), max. 8 persons for EUR 150 (one way)
- Fon: +49 6221 77077, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.tls-heidelberg.de
Reservation required latest 48 hrs in advance. For group rates we advise to contact TLS as soon as possible. Pick-up from the airport is at the “Meeting Point” of each terminal (Terminal 1 and 2).
- Taxi from Frankfurt Airport: Estimated taxi fare EUR 150 (one way)
2) Other Airports:
- Baden Airport (FKB, 89 km): https://www.baden-airpark.de/en/shuttle-services.html
- Stuttgart (STR, 124 km): https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Heidelberg/Stuttgart-Airport-STR
- Strasbourg Airport (SXB, 150 km): http://www.goeuro.com/travel/heidelberg/strasbourg
- Frankfurt-Hahn (EDFH, 154 km): http://www.hahn-express.de/hahn_bus_popup/default.htm
The train to Heidelberg will take at least an hour (from FRA). Depending on your airport you may need to change trains at either Karlsruhe or Mannheim. For timetables and train fares see: http://www.bahn.de. The walking distance from the Heidelberg Main Station to the Marriott is approximately 12 minutes (Google map).
4) Driving directions
Interstate A5 coming from either Frankfurt direction Karlsruhe or from Karlsruhe/Basel direction Frankfurt: Take exit Heidelberger Kreuz (interchange) direction Heidelberg onto the A656. At the end of the highway (WATCH OUT FOR SPEED CONTROL) turn left at the first traffic light and then turn right, following the sign hotel-route “A” direction Eberbach/Chirurgie. You will pass the Marriott hotel on your left side. At the next traffic light turn left, and then left again to access the hotel grounds. Drive pass the hotel entrance into the car park.
BANK ACCOUNT (Conference)
- Payee Zonta Club Heidelberg
- Bank Volksbank Kurpfalz
- IBAN DE26 6729 0100 0065 4350 04
- SWIFT/BIC GENODE61HD3
- Order ID D30 Conference, your name and your club
CANCELLATION POLICY (Registration)
- All cancellations must be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations received on or before July 15,2017 will be refunded less a contribution of €50 to cover administration fees.
- 50% of the registration fee will be refunded, if cancelled after July 15, 2017
- The registration fee is non-refundable after August 15, 2017.
There is a cash machine near to the conference venue.
Weather averages in Heidelberg in September are 12°C (low) to 21°C (high) with a 31% chance of rain. For outdoor tours comfortable shoes are recommended.
Credentials registration forms are available via the conference website. Credentials and proxy forms must be sent to the respective Area Directors with a copy to the D30 Secretary latest by June 30, 2017. For accreditation at the conference, a signed copy of the credentials and proxy forms must be presented. One signed copy must also be kept in your club files. The credentials desk opens on the first day of the conference and one-half hour before each business meeting.
The currency in Germany is EURO. All major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard) are accepted.
The dress code for the business sessions and throughout the conference is business casual. Cocktail attire is only required for the gala dinner. If wearing high heels, please be aware of the historic cobbled pavements.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
Will be available in the conference booklet.
The gala event for registered participants will take place at the Heidelberg Castle (Schloss Heidelberg, 69117 Heidelberg) on Saturday evening. Buses will leave from the Marriott hotel at approx. 17:30 hrs. Reservations are required (costs €95 per person). The return buses will be available from the castle back to the Marriott Hotel at approx. 23:00 hrs.
GUIDED CITY TOUR
A guided city tour of Heidelberg for registered participants is planned for Friday morning. Buses will be leaving from the Marriott at 10:00 hrs. Reservations are required (€20 per person) via the registration form. Return buses to the Marriott Hotel will leave at 13:00 hrs from the Neckarmünzplatz (Obere Neckarstr. 31) in the old city. Languages offered are English, French and German.
HOTELS WITH SPECIAL "ZONTA" RATES
Please make reservations and payments by yourself.
1) Marriott Hotel (4-stars, conference venue)
Contingent available until July 30, 2017. One breakfast is included per room.
- Weekends EUR 129 per room and night Link to booking
- Weekdays EUR 169 per room and night - limited number of rooms available Link to booking
2) Nearby hotels via Business Service Heidelberg Marketing Link to bookings
Thursday, September 21, 2017 to Sunday, September 24, 2017 (up to 3 nights for all registrants, breakfast included). Contingents available until 4 to 6 weeks prior to the conference
- Hotel IBIS (2-stars, 1,8 km): Single room EUR 92 / double room EUR 112,
- Hotel Central (3-stars, 2 km): Single room EUR 69 / double room EUR 80
- B&B Hotel Heidelberg superior (2-stars, 2,6 km): Single room EUR 72,50
To extend your stay beyond the above dates, please contact the hotels directly by phone or email:
Marriott: Tel.: +49 6221 908 650 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other hotels: Tel.: +49 6221 58 402 -26/-24 | Email: email@example.com
For private accommodation (home hosting) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For participants and guests arriving on Thursday an informal get-together at the “Grill” restaurant in the Marriott Hotel will take place starting from 19:00 hrs until 22:00 hrs. Reservations for this event are required via the registration form. Please note that conference attendance is NOT required to join the informal get-together. All Zontians and their guests are welcome.
- Zonta is not liable for any personal losses or damages resulting from the attendance to this conference.
- Travel to and from the conference is at your own risk.
- Please check that your health insurance covers your stay in Heidelberg.
The Opening Ceremony is included in the registration fees and will take place on Friday from 17:30 hrs to 19:00 hrs in the Old Hall (Alte Aula ,Grabengasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg). Buses will be leaving the Marriott Hotel at approx. 16:00 hrs.The return trip to the Marriott Hotel will be by boat.
PHOTOS AND PRESS
Photos taken during the conference may be shared and used in press and/or social media.
A preliminary program is available on the conference webpage. The final program will be provided to all registered attendees in the conference bag.
Proxy forms are available via the conference website. Proxy forms must be sent to the respective Area Directors with a copy to the D30 Secretary latest by June 30, 2017. For accreditation at the conference, a signed copy of the proxy forms must be presented. One signed copy must also be kept in the club files. Please note that a club cannot be represented by proxy at more than two consecutive conferences.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN HEIDELBERG
Buses and trams are the main form of transportation in Heidelberg. The center hub is at Bismarkplatz in the old city. Individual tickets can be purchased at every station from ticket machines or with the driver. Information on weekly- or day tickets is available on the Rhine-Neckar transportation website together with bus and tram line maps.
1) Registration will commence on April 15, 2017. To be liable for early registration your total conference fee must be credited to the conference account latest by May 31,2017
2) Registration desk (opening hours during the conference)
Thursday 13:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs
Friday 07:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs
Saturday 07:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs
Sunday 08:00 hrs to 11:00 hrs
TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICES
Tourist Info Central Station
Willy-Brandt-Platz 1, 69115 Heidelberg
Monday to Saturday from 9.00 hrs to 19.00 hrs
Sundays from 10.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs
Tourist Info City Hall
Marktplatz 10, 69117 Heidelberg
Monday to Saturday from 8.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs
Tourist am Neckarmünzplatz
Obere Neckarstr. 31, 69117 Heidelberg
Monday to Saturday from 9.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs
Sundays from 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs
F: +49 6221 58-44444
Private sightseeing tours of the castle can be booked online: https://www.tourism-heidelberg.com/explore/historical-sights/schloss-heidelberg/index_eng.html
VENUE OF THE CONFERENCE
Vangerowstrasse 16, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany,
T: +49 (0)6221 9080
F: +49 (0)6221 908 660
Check-in: 3:00pm ½Check-out: 12:00 pm ½Express check-out is available
Parking: 20 EUR daily (special Zonta rate – please note that due to technical reasons your confirmation from the hotel will show the standard rate of 23 EUR; the hotel has ensured us that you will only pay EUR 20 per day.)
Pets are allowed.
Participants from Shengen countries should not need a visa. Please check out the visa information at http://www.germany-visa.org.
WELCOME RECEPTION AND DINNER
For registered participants the Welcome reception and dinner will take place on Friday from 19:30 hrs to 22:00 hrs on the river cruise boat, “Königin Silvia” (costs €55 per person). The cruise starts from the old city (Neckarstaden 25) at 19:30 hrs and will end at the Marriott Hotel at 22:00 hrs. Reservations are required via the registration form.